Building strong teams and effective leaders is what we are all about
“Leadership” is our middle name! Starboard proudly partners with businesses and nonprofits that recognize leadership as a teachable skill set and professional development as an ongoing process. Your human resources are your organization’s most valuable asset, and strategically developing these resources is essential. We are committed to business team building and nonprofit team building, helping leaders–both established and emerging–develop their strengths and build strong, productive, and cohesive teams.
Whether you’re leading a major cultural shift, trying to improve team cohesion and performance, or building the leadership skills of your executives and rising stars, at Starboard we can help you translate big goals into concrete plans and action steps that lead to positive change. We will begin by listening carefully to you and then tailor our approach to meet your unique needs and goals. We work with individuals through executive coaching and engage with teams of all sizes for targeted training that yields measurable results.
Targeted training for groups
As an authorized partner of the Everything DiSC® leadership development model, Starboard has customizable solutions to meet your organization’s unique training needs. Everything DiSC® is a personal development learning experience that measures an individual’s preferences and tendencies based on the DiSC® model. This simple yet powerful model describes four basic styles and serves as the foundation for the Everything DiSC Application Suite. Participants receive personalized insights that deepen their understanding of self and others, making workplace interactions more enjoyable and effective. The result is a more engaged and collaborative workforce that can spark meaningful culture improvement in your organization.
Whether you’re looking for a short workshop for a staff retreat or a comprehensive series, we offer the following training to help good groups become great teams:
Personal leadership styles
Understanding yourself better is the first step to working more effectively with others. Unpack the intricacies of your work style, see why others do what they do, and learn how to succeed with all types!View More View Less
- Using the proven DiSC® model, increase your awareness of your personal workplace priorities and preferences and the different approaches of your colleagues
- Learn when and how to adapt your approach to create more productive connections
Lighten your load and develop your team through strategic delegation! Learn how to delegate, establish shared expectations, engender ownership, and stay connected.View More View Less
- Familiarize yourself with the principles and components of effective delegation
- Learn how to establish shared expectations for success
- Develop strategies for staying connected to the work and to your team
Learn how to motivate and promote employee growth through goal-setting and meaningful feedback. Develop management techniques to hold your team accountable to the highest standards.View More View Less
- Explore the many ways to motivate your team and learn how to choose the right lever
- Learn how to promote professional development by focusing on clear goals and providing substantive feedback
- Develop practical techniques for holding your team accountable for what gets done and how
Business coaching is the key to increasing the effectiveness of individuals and your team at large. Learn how to build a framework for business coaching and how to launch, nurture and track productive coaching relationships.View More View Less
- Learn how to help your team members perform more effectively
- Increase your comfort in managing conflict and leading productive accountability conversations
- Develop a framework for launching and tracking coaching relationships
5 Behaviors of a cohesive team
A healthy team environment is critical to achieving your goals. Learn how to unify your team by promoting and modeling five specific behaviors, proven to increase group cohesion and effectiveness.View More View Less
- Assess your team’s performance
- Learn how to promote and model the five behaviors that create and sustain team cohesion
- Pack your toolbox with proven exercises to build cohesive teams
Energy and time management
Attending to your personal wellbeing is essential to your organizational health. Learn how to manage your energy to combat burnout and increase productivity, and gain structures and systems to keep everything on track, including you!View More View Less
- Assess your personal and organizational health
- Unveil the connection between energy and time management
- Learn how to keep everyone and everything on track (including yourself)
Contact us to learn more about how one or more of these business team building and nonprofit team building modules can meet your organization’s professional development goals.
Why leaders choose Starboard:
- Demonstrated results with Maine’s leading businesses and most successful nonprofits – Our clients have been recognized as “Best Places to Work in Maine,” and we can help you achieve your best as well.
- Deep experience – Our consultants specializing in business coaching and training have developed expertise through years of experience as executive directors and board leaders. We’ve been in your shoes and know the challenges you’re facing.
- Proven tools for assessment and development – Through authorized partnerships with Wiley Publishing’s Everything DiSC® and the Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™, we employ a research-validated learning model for business team building and nonprofit team building. Each solution provides in-depth information including tips, strategies, and action plans to increase effectiveness.
- Long-term commitment – We know that professional development is an ongoing process and organizations’ needs naturally change over time and in response to changing circumstances. We work with clients who know that it takes more than an annual “team-building event” to develop high-performing teams, leaders, and organizations.
Advancing your mission is our mission, and we stand ready to support your growth over the long term.
Our clients can count on us to begin every project with a conversation—a conversation that helps us to understand your unique needs and consider how best to assist you. Call now (207) 992-4407 to begin the conversation and learn more. All initial consultations are free of charge.